Friday, May 10, 2013

Honey!


Everything You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know About Honey


Most interesting fact: honey that was found in a 3,300 year old archaeological dig was discovered to be in "remarkably good condition." Not that I would trust the science enough to actually taste it, but that's pretty fascinating, nonetheless. There's nothing else that I can think of that could survive 3,000 years and still resemble the original product. 

All this talk of honey makes me wish that I actually liked how it tastes.

Something that I've also been wanted to try out: several people have told me that if you eat honey that is locally harvested, it will help your allergies. Apparently, the pollen that is used to create the honey will transfer into the finish product and give you a resistance to its allergenic effects. 

Science!

(And if that's not enough honey information, check out the Wiki Page.)

Bonus find on Wikipedia:
Honey seeker depicted on 8000 year old cave painting. 
And now we know that the honey this person was collecting could possibly be eaten today. 

Nature!

PS, If anyone really, really, REALLY liked honey, I think that the cave painting would make a really cool tattoo.

-JJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment