Thursday, May 9, 2013

Globe Bar

A friend enter into my manly study -- the one I don't, and probably never will, own.


"Why, Josh, that's a marvelous globe you have there. Is it new?"

"Why yes, yes it is."

"It's lovely!"

"Why thank you! I purchased it from the Count of Peterborough when I visited him last June. It sat on his veranda and I knew immediately that I must have it."

"Right good judgement, I'd say!"

"It wasn't until after I had given him the payment for the exquisite piece that he let me in on a little secret."

"Egad! Tell me you weren't swindled!?"

"On the contrary! Indeed, come closer and I will let you in on its devilish secret."


"Splendid!"


Yes, my friend and I talk like English dignitaries from the 1920s. 

The point being: I want a globe bar.

-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment