Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nature Finds A Way

I'm not sure of the source, but judging from the desolated looking buildings in the background, I can only assume this picture was taken by someone in the post-apocalyptic future we're heading towards and sent it back in time (via Reddit) as a warning. 

I know I often jokingly say the line in the title of this post, a line from the awesome Jurassic Park (the movie), but it's true. No matter what we as humans do to this precious planet we're on, it will find a way to bounce back. God takes care of this place just as much as He takes care of its passengers. Unfortunately, we take the wonder around us for granted, assuming that we can put in the minimal amount of effort to look after it (and often, no effort at all). But how long before it revolts and takes the beauty back? 

Another, less serious, take on the photo: How cool would it be to camp out on a floating island that resides in the hull of a burned out ship? I feel like there's a book there. (Or that there has already been something similar written I just haven't found it yet.)

-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment